Monday, June 24, 2013

New bandages!

Nearly $2,000 raised for Emerson's surgery in two days... Words can't express the appreciation and gratitude I have for you all. Your donations, your signal boosting, and your words of support bring me every step closer to saving poor Emerson's life. His surgical consult with Dr. Hoffman is Wednesday, and if I can get $3,000 raised by then, I'll finally feel comfortable enough to schedule his surgery for next week!

Today at work, Emerson got his bandages changed. The older pressure sore looks a lot better thanks to the antibiotics, but it looks like a new one is brewing on his other leg. It's amazing how good he is, lying there while we clean, manipulate, and rebandage his painfully mangled legs. He's such a good boy!

Here's a few pictures I took today of the process:
All done! He always gets so happy once he has fresh bandages. Today he gave lots of kisses!

Thank you all again,
Ashley and Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment